March 9, 2009

Chi..ca.go

So tonight I landed in Chicago.  Everything was fine from Seattle, that is once I got off the road from the crazy drivers who can't stand a dusting of snow.  I made it from front desk to terminal in only 15 minutes.  I was really shocked today when my watch set off the metal detectors, it is titanium, but it has never done that before!  The flight was actually early getting in and instead of renting a car I opted for a shuttle service.  It is always great when they say, you will be picked up by a black sedan, isn't that what 90% of them are anyway.  It was a nice relaxing ride out into Bloomingdale, IL, to the Hilton Indian Lake Resort.  I will try to get some pictures of the outside of the hotel, it is very interesting, definitely not square what so ever. (you will see by the photos I did take, mind you they aren't great quality b/c I was tired and just snapped).

I ordered me some dinner through room service and thought I would head to "The Cave" the lounge that is in the center of the hotel under the atrium.  As the evening drew on and my belly was full the full brunt of my exhaustion hit me.  So I curled up in bed watching tv.  I finally turned off tv and promptly fell asleep for a half an hour.  And then?!? I have been wide awake since.  I finally gave up laying in bed and thought I might do something that would encourage me to sleep again, web surf, play some words in scrabble on facebook, write a blog, yadda yadda yadda.  I think it may be working b/c I am feeling a bit sleepy again. I will most likely take some advil before I head back to bed (I think part of the problem is I slept badly last night and my shoulders hurt something fierce).

Okay onto the pics from today.

View out my hotel window.  I unfortunately am on the first floor.

My room aka my bed

The vaulted hexagonal ceiling.

The maze of hallways, I will have to get a better picture of this tomorrow.  But out my door are 3 different passage ways, one is the emergency exit (so I guess that makes me in murder central in csi speak for the room closest to the exit).

This is the first floor.  I am on the upper right side, below where it says  the second e in level 1.  See how the rooms are arrange. I am curious about the other floors.

My mini servings of bathroom supplies.  PS they have a stocked mini fridge in here, but if you even move an item, it registers electronically and adds it to your bill.

The center of the hotel floor 1, looking across the atrium, the cave bar is smack in the middle.

My mini serving of ketchup for my fries.

Okay that is about it for me for the night.  I should try and lay down to sleep again.  I would be lucky to get 5 hours sleep at this point.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to start measuring things according to their height relative to mini ketchup!

    ReplyDelete