April 2, 2009

down and out...

but not yet lost. 

I was discussing with a friend last night how this late winter/spring has been horrible weather-wise.  By this time last year we had gone to the disc golf course a few times.   I was taking Guinness to the beach or Redoubt for at that time walks quite regularly.  This year, no such luck.  I can't say that we didn't have our late "snows" last year, it snowed on the open house we had (end of March), but this is getting down right ridiculous.  Even the bar for karaoke was quite empty last night, most likely from the steady downpour of rain.  The next few days show that there is a  break in the weather and I am really hoping that it stays that way.  I would love to be able to get out and do some things outside.  Plus it would nice to wear my new casual athletic kicks that I just got!

I am also hoping with the next few days being decent in weather that we can get the Great Horned Owl out for release.  I am very proud of that little guy and how far he has come.  Hopefully I will come back and he will be gone, but for good reasons.

Remember me, with my severe head trauma and head tilt.

This was me today, with my ear tufts laid back b/c I am pissed off.  He flew around the cage a few times at the aggravation of me being in the cage with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment