April 17, 2009

loner



Normally I don't start out the blog with a picture.  This tree is one of my favorite on the island and is at a place I normally like to visit.  I feel this tree represents me, why you may ask, it looks dead?  Well not 100%, it is rough and appears dead on the outside (much as how I am feeling on the inside) yet if you look at the bottom there is a small spring of life still pushing forth.  A small spark still struggling, still pushing through, and still wanting to be part of it.  It is a tree that stands alone.  I visit this spot on occasion, to sit on the rock next to it, watch the ocean and just sit and contemplate life.  I have had a lot to contemplate lately and I feel that I have learned much from this tree today.  I looked at it in a different light, actually multiple lights as the clouds kept passing, sun kept breaking, rain falling on us side by side for awhile, and took away much more than I thought I would from today's visit.  I think the tree has put to me enough strength to continue to push through, and if I feel like I am back in my rough place again; I should come and visit the tree again.


This is a shot looking towards lime kiln whale watch point.  No, orcas today (still pretty early) but I did see a few dahl's porpoi and watched some surf scooters playing in the...well surf.  I also had a green warbler make land in The Tree and watch me for awhile.  Behind me the white crowned sparrows, and bewick's wrens were boisterous.  Plus up on the hill I could hear a pileated woodpecker yaking and from time to time looking for a meal in the tree.. tap.. tapp.. tappy.. tap.
Soon after leaving this point I stopped at one of my other walking spots and actually walked across the road to the pond to observe the diversity of ducks chilling there today.  The initial reason I pulled over was b/c I saw a wood duck, but he had disappeared by the time I walked over to the pond.  I did get to see all these guys though.


I continued on my path and actually saw the water on all sides of the island today as I made the complete circle of the island.  It was a leisurely drive (not much of a choice on this island, I really wanted to hit the governor on my truck but didn't feel safe with it).   Back home, I redyed my hair today and am currently enjoying some afternoon tv and painting my nails.  

I am not out of the woods yet, as I can not see the trees through the forest.  And still have some very tough decisions to make very soon.  I ask that you all please be strong for me as I am fighting to find the strength in myself.  I may have to make multiple visits to this tree to help me as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment