April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Well, I had a good trip off island, it was basically a trip of playing Cinderella at my brother's house, but that is okay it was a change of scene and also gave me some Rock Band time.  I know I sound like a pretty big nerd with the video games, but something about this game appeals to me... Hell, it is a video game, and does involve music what more could I want (okay you can play dress up and put tattoos on your characters too so hey).  

My trip was pretty uneventful coming back.  I stopped and picked up a bunny for transport in Mt. Vernon and then off to the ferry where I learned it is getting to be about the time when more than 1 hour will be needed for line up :(.  It was smooth sailing with the sun shining bright and warming me as I sat and read a Patricia Cornwell novel during the crossing.

The smooth water just outside of San Juan Island.

After getting back I settled in for some food before heading down town to listen to a friend of ours play at the local Italian restaurant.  It was quite fun with many of us at the table to cheer him on.  After that the local scene of Herb's was taken in.  I have to say I do have pictures of some dancing but don't feel comfortable posting them without permission.  So yeah. you will just have to use your imagination.

This morning brought rain and cold to the island.  The only thing to lighten it was working with our bunny from yesterday to examine his wounds and do care.  And then midday brought the otters in that we got yesterday.  Shona took them home last night for their feeds and to get them in a stable state before bringing them in for their noon feed to get us set up on the feeding basics of otters, River otters 101!  They are ubber cute and make the sweetest sounds!  Sounds like mom has come back looking for her babies (the hole under the house was being closed up when they noticed the babies... grrr), so I don't know if we will try a reuniting plan.  It is most likely the best thing for the babies, but will be kind of sad for us.  But the whole point of our job is to do what is best for the animals.

The medium size boy.

Another shot of the medium sized boy (no picture of the biggest baby)

The littlest one, a girl.

I hope your Easter was filled with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment