April 10, 2009

Quick trip

So, I felt the need to get off the island, but also I generally try to take a trip off island at this time of year.  Normally, it would be the 3rd weekend, but since we have an event next weekend at work, the eagle flight cage warming, I had to choose to come off this weekend.  It isn't a long stay, basically I got in last evening and will head out tomorrow morning.  I have just been doing mundane things, but it just seems different doing at home.

Last night we played some Rock Band, today I got up and got groceries for my brothers house and few items to take home with me.  I figured I would make a "Easter dinner" for tonight and also get an angel food cake as kind of a pre-birthday for my brother and me (the main reason I generally choose the 3rd weekend). More on that later.  Then I spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing (bathrooms & the kitchen), and even spot treating carpet spots.  Then I relaxed with some more Rock Band.

I know I said it was a mundane day:  but as for dinner I made a honey glazed ham, with brown sugar carrots and pineapple. Roasted Garlic Mashed potatoes and buns.  Both my brother and I ate way too much and we will let it sit for a few hours before we go to the angel food cake with cut strawberries and cool whip.  YUM!!

So now that I have bored the pants off of you I hope you are all doing well and keeping yourselves busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment