April 24, 2009

Vit D

Wow, three blogs in one day.. craziness, I am not doing b/c I am bored it has just been that kind of a day.. a good one.

After my last blog, I headed out to stop by my friend Jenn's shop to see her before she left to San Fran for the weekend.  After visiting for awhile, I stopped by and picked up my favorite waking buddy, Guinness.  It was such a great walk.  We went down to the light house at Cattle point.  It was a nice warm sunny day, warm being 55 degrees.  If you caught the breeze up the sand dune "cliffs of insanity" it was very warm, but if it was off the water, very chilly.  It sure has heck didn't stop me from taking off my coat and rolling up my jeans to get some sun.  Once we hit the end of the walk in one direction we stopped and took in the scenes and smelled the smells.  I laid back to get some more vit D and Guinness sat looking out at the water.  We had the dark morph RTH fly about 10 feet over our heads.  Okay, more like glided, I never saw one wing beat out of him.  He went all the way down the point and I think clear over to Iceberg point on Lopez island before circling back towards San Juan.  On the drive back we found a Peregrine kiting just over the road by Mt. Finlayson, again I think it was about 10 feet off the ground as well.  I slowed down just in case it was focused on a food source and didn't notice my truck approaching.  The peregrine gained height and I didn't see him again in the rear view mirror.

A sail boat out in the channel.

As soon as I sat down Guinness came over and put his paw on my arm wanting loves.

Me, I didn't get any photos of me last night on my birthday so here are a few with my buddy!  Plus you can see the new darker hair.

Ello!

Guinness was givin me kisses.

The sailboat down past the lighthouse.

Guinness watching the water as I lay with rolled up jeans to get some sun.

As I was starting to move a bit more to leave, Guinness started to get antsy

A macro of little flowers!

The light house as we got closer

I dropped Guinness off and headed for home to find a FedEx delivery slip on my door knob and it was for a must sign in person slip.  So away I headed to the airport to catch her before she left.  I got home and found a uber great birthday present!! A new DSLR- Nikon D60.  I am so excited to get the batteries charged and to play around with it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment