April 24, 2009

Something always goes wrong...

So many of you know that yesterday was my birthday and I had been dreading it for over 2 months.  Sad I know, but I was hitting one of those '0 numbers that can be a make or break.  I will never be in my twenties again!  When I woke yesterday things didn't feel as bad.  It was just another day in the life.  (I can't say that today I am not a bit freaked, b/c well I am just thinking to much I guess).  But back to yesterday. 

I had a pretty good day at work, and called it good after about half the day.  There were enough people on staff that they didn't need me and I got my baby otter feeding in so that yeah.  I went to town and hung out at my friend Jenn's shop.  Jenn does screen printed tees and other items and just being in a different place is very interesting.  She has even helped Wolf Hollow by designing our adoption program kits (but that was long before I knew her).  We then headed for a pre drink before dinner which was good, full of laughs and some sighs.  I headed home to shower and get out of my work clothes, plus starting my laundry for the day.  I got my shower in and had blow dried my hair when there were a couple of power flickers.  I thought that was odd.  I had just plugged in my curling iron to heat up and walked to my living room when.  zwap.... the power went out.  What?!?  

I made the best of it and grabbed my back up scuba light which is awesome and can light up my whole bathroom.  I grabbed my magnifying makeup mirror and make up and headed to the living room with some real light.  Wow, let me tell you using a magnifying mirror after the 20's are gone is scary! lol, Shortly after I started to put on my make up a friend called and said calm down everything will be okay.  I was just laughing.  I said it was just fine something had to happen.  She started asking about the dinner plans and said she would call OPALCO to see if they had any information.  She called me back no news at that point, and I said we would play things by ear, we would meet there and find out what was going on.  She called back later saying omg, it isn't just us it includes at least 5 counties!  The restaurant called me asking if we were still coming and I said yes at this point that is the plan even if it would be just light fare.  

Once we got the the restaurant they said it was just getting to dark to serve anyone, which confused me since I had just talked to someone from there that said we could still come.  But hey what ever, we headed over to Jenn's shop again did a shot and called around to see who was serving food.  We ended up back where we had a drink earlier and ended up with friend food (as that was the only thing they could do).  Oh well, at least I got something to eat.  The plan was to go back to a friend's house and get their fire pit going and have a little bonfire as there wasn't much more we could do.  We were discussing logistics and I was sitting on the floor petting Guinness & Bodie when I looked over and said.. aww guys the bathroom light just came one.  Wahooo!! power again.  At that point it was near 9 pm and we thought the "main" bar would open, but the owner decided not too.  We were either going to disperse or find someone open.  And guess what, once again we ended up back where the evening started lol.  As much as we didn't really want to go back there they were one of only a few places open.  again /sigh.

All in all it was a good evening, with some strange events and awkward moments.  But it was another day, another birthday and I survived it, now if I can just make it through the next 364  it will all be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment