April 3, 2009

tough choices

Well tonight I had a tough decision thrown at me.  See an acquaintance has a prime deal on a condo right down town but to be able to afford it she would need a roommate.  As I am not in a lease bond agreement, I opened my mouth and said that.  I love where I live, I love having my own space, and having all of my utilities taken care of except electricity.  It is really cool and actually has a gorgeous deck on the upper level right off of the bedroom, plus a sweet bathroom.  The bad parts: not much in the way of storage, no pantry, no closets, and the bedroom has many angles to the roof line that make it tough to utilize the room for furniture.  There are lots of windows and doors with many "french balconies" or even little balconies.... ugh  decisions decisions to make.  I would save some money if I do it too, but we are talking about it being on the second floor of the condo building and then what was discussed to be my room would be on the second floor of the condo... so moving some of my furniture would be very difficult, as some of it is quite old and old= heavy.  Plus I don't know what I would do about not having a closet, a pantry for food, or all the stuff in my small storage unit on my apartment now.  grrr...

I will have to sleep on this and think it over.  PS here are some pictures of the stair way of one of the buildings that leads across... instead of just walling to the roof hatch they "continued" the stairs into nothingness... great design.

Lyle demonstrates by standing on the last step to no where..

It is like they couldn't figure out how to end the design.  Really there are steps to no where, and alice and wonderland little closets everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment