January 29, 2009

Accomplishing a lot while doing not much at all.

It finally happened. No mom, I am still single sorry... the Island doesn't lend itself to good prospects. But, we were able to get 3 of the 7 animals out for release today. The cosmos finally came together with the weather being decent, a volunteer who was available, and a flight. Originally I was just going to send the Grey Squirrel across, but my volunteer was very excited with the number of animals ready to go. She said, "Send them all!" That is exactly what I did. I collected all the animals, got them in the carriers/boxes. Took them to the airport and sent them a flying to mainland to be sent back to close to where they were picked up from.

What all went today? a grey squirrel, from Mount Vernon, Barred owl from between Mount Vernon & La Conner, and Saw-whet Owl #1 from Anacortes. I am quite excited and that means we can upgrade both Saw-whet #2 & #3 to get them closer to being wild birds again.

I have to work tomorrow, it is normally my day off, but Shona is attending a conference in La Conner tomorrow, so I have to pick up the slack and go in. We should be able to get the cages cleaned and the next set of animals upgraded.

I hope you all have a good day. Something I think that you should check out are these amazing photos from David Hemmings, my brother sent me a link to a specific photo that was phenomenal. Anyone who has told me I should try and publish my photos really should see the awesome quality of this guys pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment