January 17, 2009

Take a moment..... Meditate

That is exactly what I did this afternoon. Last night when I headed to bed, I had it in mind that I would take Guinness for a run again today, but sometime during the night, I evilly convinced myself not too (hate it when that happens). I made a lazy day out of today, not doing to much and had my glasses on up until 4pm. Though with me there is no true lazy day, because I did dishes, swept the apartment, reorganized my freezer, folded all my laundry, cleaned out my junk drawer, and even my "junk" basket. After some more time sifting through things and just plain being bored out of my mind. I looked at sunset time and realized I had 45 minutes to get to west side for sunset. That is exactly what I did.

The last time I posted pictures from westside was from my camera phone when I was lacking a camera. Today definitely different. I was even stoked that this is the first time I submerged my camera to take some photos. I was pretty stoked! After hiking down (low tide, which was still a +1.1 was actually at sunset, so I was able to do some playing) to water line and played. I came back up to a beautiful grassy/moss bluff, sat cross-legged, and just sat and watched the sunset thinking only about what was in front of me-- the bright yellow orb, the blue calm water, the bull-kelp, seabirds, a slight breezed, and me. For a few brief moments I was in awe of everything all over again. It really has been awhile since I have felt that way. It also really helped me clear out my head of things at hand.

My drive home was gorgeous as well, no photos to show of that, while driving down Bailer Hill I had beautiful white Mt. Baker on left & a pink hued Mt. Rainer on the right. Breathtaking.

Here are some images from today. Don't forget if you want to look at the image more, you can click to get the full pic. :D

A progression of shots of the sun setting:









I love when you get sun glows in photos




That is a great blue heron flying through the shot







Some nature shots:

A broken urchin


Limpet



Me being creative with my macro and some Goosenecks


a photo with my lens 1/2 underwater.


Another shot of the anemones & coral


Coral, it is actually a lot more purple than that.


Goosenecks in sunset


Lovely warm sunny glow





A gull who kept flying overhead


rocky shore


The gull floating


Deadman's bay in the glow


The "whale watch point"


right beside the patch of earth I sat to meditate.

I hope you enjoy, and don't forget sometimes we all need to take some time and admire what is around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment