January 12, 2009

baby cow

I was thinking about when the cows were going to start popping their calves today on my way to work. Some of the cows look downright huge! I had to run to town today to take in a sample from the Trumpeter Swan to go to the lab, and on my way back what did I see?? Low and behold the first baby calf of the year. It was an adorable little black calf standing by his "mother". S/he did look dry so either I didn't spot it this morning or it was right after I got to work (had 2 1/2 hours to be groomed clean).

Last night at work we set up our motion sensor camera to do some test shooting of the barred owl with live prey. I really didn't get much caught on video (only 5 sec clips anyway). But here are a few photos I took before we finished his set up.





And here is a picture of my "sweet" little Onyx who decided to attack me out of "her" chair every time I walked by. I will foil her plans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment