January 18, 2009

busy bee

Today I was like a busy little bee at work. We are prepping for an inspection from our state Fish & wildlife department. The reasoning is because the state has set aside money from the sale of personalized specialty plates for grant money. To be considered for the grants they are doing inspections of facilities. This will also cover the 2010 inspection that they were planning for all centers as well. This will be the first time I have gone through this, and Shona doesn't remember the last time the site was visited, that comes with being on an island and not having a WDF&W person on island.

We have been working through lots of little projects to get the the Hollow tidied up, things that would generally take place in March time, but are getting done now. It will be kind of nice to have all these things done; meaning we should be able to get some other projects done in that time. Today I worked on changing the swan's water (something that wasn't an inspection need, just a rehab need), organizing the meat in the freezer (to the best of my ability when we have 56 chickens in there), pulling up MSDS sheets on products used at Wolf Hollow, worked on clearing a floor drain, and I once again cleaned a patch of the concrete in the warehouse outside of our radiological suite, as we have decided we are painting the floor before spring to make cleaning the floors easier in there. Since we don't have too many animals inside it is the perfect time. After it had a few hours to dry and before heading home for the night, I then applied paint to the area. I applied it pretty thick and know that I will have to apply at least one more layer as the concrete is doing what concrete does best.

Now I am home with my cat curled on my lap next to the laptop, debating what I want to make for dinner. I should go put my heating pad in the microwave because sometime this weekend I pulled a muscle or something in my right shoulder :(. Plus I need to figure out what I am gonna do tonight.

I hope ya'll had a good day and got to enjoy some of the sunshine, soaking up some Vit D!

Here is another image yesterday: It was right after I took the water photos, tried to quickly wipe the water from the lens with a fleece shirt (of course that didn't work) plus I was still on Macro. the picture to me looks like as if you were looking through tear filled eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment