January 27, 2009

not much worth blogging about today

Today was a much needed quiet day that the Hollow. It was also very cold so I didn't want to do anything outside. It was just me today at the center, so I was able to sit down and work on some protocols that were in need of being written. I am just about done with all of them, just in time to go from taking 6 hours to write one down to about 2 hours!

I did take some pictures today, but of course they are of the saw-whet owl. I thought as I was taking them, I am sure everyone is sick of seeing pictures of the same saw-whet owl. I keep thinking, "what am I gonna do when all the little owls get released?"

Other news I can share with you. Is it sounds like the eagle case that I have told you about is going to be turned over the WDF&W so that it can go to federal prosecution, instead of tribal. We will see if it really means that it will result in a higher penalty. So I can fill you in on the rest of the info now. I believed I have told you that the wing had a mass encompassing the elbow and that the leg was broken. Well I can only say "allegedly" the later injure was caused by a person. This person was clubbing the eagle. A man and his kids saw this, the man ran off. Then we got the call and you can read the rest of the story on my blog or Jason's blog. I gotten alittle more information after that. Again, I can only say "allegedly", the man is a meth addict and thought he could some good cash from the sale of the feathers. Of course, it is against Federal law to possess any feathers that are from a migratory bird.

I hope you all stayed warm today, I myself am cooking food for Tasty Tuesday, a weekly potluck held at a lovely house on Cady Mountain.

Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment