January 16, 2009

breathing deeply

Today was a day, neither great nor bad, that was just a day. I TRIED to start my day at 8 am (even though it was my day off), but once I crawled out of bed and the looked at my indoor/outdoor thermometer and saw 37 degrees! Screw that. I headed back to bed, resetting my alarm to 9. I really didn't sleep for that hour, as I was feeling guilty that I was suppose to be out running; plus Onyx was wired and wouldn't let me sleep. So up I got put on my running clothes and set out the door. I picked up Guinness and set out for the south end of the island. We did our cliff run, and we succeeded in running today!! Wow, I am basically back to where I was awhile as my endurance has dropped a bit, but I was able to run straight for a song and a half (I know this is nothing, but my body wasn't exactly made for running).

Here are some pictures of I took while I was out.


Harlequin duck




Harlequin Duck group


A couple of loons were out, I don't know what species they were.


It looks like I found a common (or not so common depending on time of year) merganser.


Here is a look up South Beach, maybe one of these days I will run the beach, but beach running is so much harder.


A look back to the lighthouse. The sun would break through for moments.


Guinness mid run at our normal stop. He tried to pull me down the cliffs today!

After my run and dropping Guinness off and talking to Jason for a bit. I headed home to get some breakfast, make some banana bread, plant a tree, shower, and getting groceries.

Just afternoon, I headed out to get some personal business taken care of. It wasn't an easy thing to do, and I still don't really understand the point or even the outcome. It is going to make for tough few days if not more while I get myself back to a centered place, hopefully I actually can. Otherwise, I just don't know what I will do besides be massively hurt. (I know all of this is cryptic to anyone who isn't involved in this, but I am sorry that is going to be how it is-- don't worry I am as okay as I can be right now).

Soon, I was off to get dinner with a friend of mine. Heather and I have been trying to hang out more as we both seem to be stuck in a rut; it was nice to spend time with someone I don't get to hang out with that much. She has been very helpful at Wolf Hollow. We had dinner at one of our local Italian restaurants (it was okay), and then headed over to Steps Cafe and Wine Bar for desert and of course a glass of wine. It was quite nice and again I got to see a few more of my friends while in there. Heather hasn't had a chance to experience the darts at Herbs yet so we headed over there. She was matching up with me quite well for the first 2 games. In the third game I went to using some darts I have called sidecars. They are about an inch and a half, and they are very light. It came down to bulleyes- and she pulled out the last minute win!

Now I am home relaxing with the kitty, watching tv, contemplating with magazine I need to work on reading right now.

I hope you all had a decent day no matter what you did.

PS Dehydrated mangoes stink so bad, but taste sooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment