January 26, 2009

progress

So this afternoon did calm down; I did receive another odd call, I think that is what I should call today.. odd call day. I was told there was a Trumpeter Swan frozen in Lakedale. This was just beyond belief and as I talked to the guy about how it wasn't possible for us to do anything at that moment, b/c well the ice wasn't strong enough to support a person (let alone me!) and that we don't have any kind of a boat to get out on the water. As I was saying this and trying to brainstorm what could be done, he told me it moved. It must have kept a small portion clear of ice to move around it. I couldn't image it actually sticking around long enough to actually get frozen into the pond.

I spent the afternoon, getting the large washer and dryer moved back, cleaning the concrete, and applying the first coat paint. It is a good day to do this, as I will be by myself at the center tomorrow, so there will be minimal traffic across it (I chose to do the patch in front of the inner door). I can also then get it painted earlier in the afternoon, b/c well I will be there by myself and I probably won't spend all day there.



paint on the floor that I cleaned last week.


Washer and dryers all back in place.


Floor prepped for next section of the patch-work quilt.


layer 1 on the floor.

Now my tummy is grumbly so I should find something to fill it. I really wish I didn't have to but I gotta.

There is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment