January 21, 2009

Painting in the dark...

Eerr.. that is actually what happened today. Of course being a busy little beaver at work can have its advantages and disadvantages. Today was one of those days that I never thought would end; as much I really wanted it too.

I really want to list out the advantages and disadvantages from the day but it looked way to silly. I was able to get the first coat down on the floor where we moved the washer & dryers first thing this morning (I did take a photo but my camera is somewhere else). After taking care of the normal cleaning routine, I was able to finish cleaning the wetpen from yesterday with the a dilute bleach solution spray. Plus I scrubbed the entry chambers to it as well; I could tell I really worked my triceps yesterday in the scrubbing, but I had to get this work done.

I prepped to paint the floor again, but knew I wouldn't be able to do it until after I got back to the center with two owls I was picking up at the airport. Here in-lies the downside of today. The plane was originally a direct flight, but after I got there I found out it was going to Orcas Island first. Meaning that I would be at the airport an hour waiting for them to arrive. Grr.. I really wanted to get back, get them checked in, paint the floor and still make it to the beach for sunset. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! The plane arrived around 4:15pm. I got back, checked in the new Saw-whet no problem, just a head injury that we would have to wait to see the progress. The new Barred owl on the other hand. Is in need of some major help. It was a hit by a car; it has a horrid head injury. It has neurological issues- star gazing, ear trauma, eye trauma. The owl is also very dehydrated so we had to do subcutaneous fluids. We will just have to see how it is in the morning. It was dark by the time we finished that, so it meant it was pretty dark in the warehouse by the time it came to painting the second coat.

Not much else to add, just cross your fingers that our inspection goes well in the morning.

I hope you had a good day, better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment