January 9, 2009

failed attempt #??

I got a lot accomplished today. I didn't want to get out of bed but the sound of a saw as the apartment maintenance guy was working on replacing the hardwood floor in the apartment across the way kind of didn't make staying in bed worthwhile. So I got up and immediately started to clean. Before 11 am I had my apartment spic & span. I couldn't believe that I had groceries and all my housework done before noon. Wow, now how do I spend the day??

I finished up some paperwork I needed to have ready for a LONG meeting tomorrow. Changed clothes and headed out the door. The weather has broken. I was looking back and the last time I ran as when I was in South Dakota at my sisters! OMG, before the chiropractor! It was a long awaited return as I have been unable to go due to this linger cold, the weather being schmitty every time I have free time, and also pushing myself to stay at work longer and continually push through the administrative paperwork I need to do. I picked up Guinness and headed to our favorite spot that we haven't visited for awhile. Boy, the wind was blowing and I thought "ohh, this could be bad." I started jogging; it warming up my body quickly. My legs and hips felt great and I was thinking this is going to be great. Guinness stopped to do what dogs do best, smell the fox tracks that are out there, and the tug on the leash made his new collar come off. He came to me when I called his name and I went to put the collar back on and noticed it broke one of the tings off the collar. Damn it! The brand new collar. Instead of risking the entire run with the thought of the collar once again coming off, especially if I came across a fox or the park ranger (Rob); I decided to scrap the run. Once again, unable to finish! GRRR, so aggravating.

Here are a few pictures from today:


Onyx has a tendency to chill on the top of my refrigerator when I start cleaning, especially when I am mopping.


Here are the Olympic Mountains from Redoubt.



No comments:

Post a Comment