January 15, 2009

I sit here on my couch curled up watching my DVR programs from last night, dinner in the oven, and sipping on tea. It is kind of early for me to be drinking tea, but I forgot that I had some Pike Place Market Spice in the freezer (definitely one to drink earlier as it has a high caffeine content). I haven't had it for awhile and I forgot just how much I love it, a nice robust spicy flavor. I was introduced to it by my friend Zee when we worked at good old Target together. She brought me in a box as she was to be giving caffeine the boot out of her diet. I use to drink it ever single morning on my way to UW. If you ever have a chance to pick it up in the Seattle area or online I suggest you try it, especially if you have a like for spicy teas.

Other than that today started out quite rough. I have been contemplating just how much information I can give you without too much being given but also enough to where I don't sound so cryptic. So, here is my best shot. The phones calls were pouring in this morning before I even got through the door. We got quite a few calls in the 30 minutes before I headed out the door. The scenario played out with a Swan that had a close encounter a powerline. Sadly, it was not a good encounter. Phone calls had to be placed and agencies had to be notified. The rest of the day had a somber tone to it, because of initial start. It also didn't help that this is basically my sixth day at the Hollow and I am ready for a day off.

Of course that is work "stuff" it doesn't include the turmoils that I have been personally struggling with in my home life. This blog use to be the place for me to air such things, but as my blog has morphed to something a bit different with a different type of reader.

Other than that we have spent a good part of work days doing some "spring cleaning" as we are having an inspection next week. We have lots to tidy up; plus we have other projects on our list to complete during the slow time of the year. Which is generally now, we have a lot of animals in house, but all but one are outside, and the one inside is there just because she is on meds. With the break in weather we have been trying to get some animals back across to the mainland for release. This does require some effort though; we have to make sure that the volunteers are available to pick up the animal, and then make sure there is a flight over to the mainland to transfer the animal back to its home.

Today I decided to play around again with the video on my camera. I shot another video of the saw-whet. I didn't do any editing; to tell you the truth I didn't even watch it all. I just plugged it into Windows Movie Maker... remove the video sound and place in music. Today I used Gandalf's "Hearts in Celestial Unison". I just can't seem to find anything incredibly fitting for a saw-whet owl video.

I hope you enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about that damn tea ever since I read this post two weeks ago! I think I'll have to head into Seattle and get some more. Oh, I know you can get it from any grocery store, but it just tastes so much better when it comes from The Market. :)

    I love how that little dude in the video keeps looking over at you like, "Dude. What?!"

    ReplyDelete