January 26, 2009

troubled day... and it is only noon

Today has been one of those days that doesn't look like anything can salvage it... One of my resolutions was to try and be more optimistic about things, but wow, it is tough today. My pager has been very active over the past few days with a variety of different calls. Today as I was getting ready to head out the door for work, I was getting a page about a downed trumpeter swan on the Skagit River.. I should have known then that it would be tough. I got one of our volunteers working on that, but then there was the logistics of getting a "Raven" across this morning that I got paged on last night. Numerous phone calls about the Eagle from the other day, and me waiting to get a call on the Eagle from WDF&W, because there may be some impending things that I have not mention about the case. The raven, was a crow with a badly broken wing, so yeah, the deed was done.

As for other things, my truck is in the shop. Gonna be 2 weeks before I can get him back. I also found out some other issues that I need to fix. So goodbye to the mini vacation I was planning to get away from work and family, and hello fixing my truck when I get my income taxes back.

Emotionally, I haven't been in a good place at all this year. I have to only hope the year will get better, but at this point I don't know. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment