January 31, 2009

Nature walk

I figured it has been awhile since I have been able to share some nature photos with you. Weather has been kind of crappy, and I myself have been kind of crappy as well. I just haven’t had the drive to get out there. I don’t know where it went, but I really need to find it again, but I needed to do something even if it was wrong. I didn’t want to run, so I decided to pick up Guinness and go for a nice brisk walk today. We headed to Mt. Finlayson (there are many arguments on how it is pronounced— FinLAYson, or FinLAson) listening to Brett Dennen. We started at a good pace; doing the figure 8 pattern I generally walk, meaning we climb the killer hill instead of coming down it. We start in the wooded part, climb the path to the windswept fields, back into the woods, and then finish up in the fields to the car park.

I was hoping that today was going to be one of those walks that would help clear my head. I have been dealing some issues that I just can’t seem to remedy. I talk about them, I try to work them out, but somehow they have a staying power that has a grip over me. If only I had the funding to talk them through with the proper professional (or at least get drugs to help alleviate some of… well what ever it is. The past few times I have gone out, I have been able to just be. Today, I was too busy trying to compose the blog in my head as I walked. I even yelled at myself for this, to get myself to quit. I even had a dialog with myself about typing just that too. Sad, eh?

Anyway, on the walk out into the open there were a couple of eagles and red tail hawks kiting in the breeze. Okay, maybe breeze is a bit of an understatement, it was a bloody cold wind. It took little effort for these large winged birds to just hang in the sky like anyone could do it. Today, I think I would give anything to feel that free.

This blog has not been anything like I was dictating to myself on the trail, but that is okay with me. I took some pictures of my adventure today. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them. Don't forget you can always click on photos to get a larger image to view.



The start of our walk


You just have to admire the eagle


The strange wind swept trees


Crescent moon in the clouds



Looking back at South Beach, down killer hill


Eagle after it flew over my head; see the light house far down below, by the other trail I run. Trees one side, hills the other. Hard to believe this is all on one trail huh?


Eagle kiting out; see how the little Douglas Firs are bent from wind.


Me… yeah… can’t say much more


Guinness after we came back into the forest


I tried to get this shot when the sun was shining down through the canopy on the moss covered branch. To bad that I had to dink with the camera to get the right settings so it wasn’t blurry from movement


The middle path has a lot of under cut going on under the trees


Trees that are bit unstable. Two of the park rangers were going around and cutting the logs off the trail.

Thanks for stopping by.

One thing I think accomplished on my walk today is that I need to spend some more time focusing on me and my needs. I am always too concerned with everyone else that I let myself go by the wayside. In other words, I have let myself go more than I would like. I don't do anything with my hair, I haven't worn makeup in a month, and I just have given up on my overall appearance. time for some change, but being a Taurus that can be hard for me. But I am going to try my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment